Our Commitment to Privacy
The Information We Collect
,p>Examples of non-personally identifiable information that this Website collects automatically include:
- Your internet protocol (“IP”) address;
- Your internet browser information;
- Your computer’s operating system; and
- Your navigation path while using this Website.
In addition to the information that we collect automatically, we may also store information that you provide to us.
Examples of personally identifiable information that you provide to us include:
- Your registration information, such as your name, address, email address, telephone number, etc.;
- Your application information, such as your personal information, course information, education background, employment information; and
- Your communications to us.
The Way We Use Your Information:
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one or more of the following ways:
- To provide information about courses to you, upon request;
- To process your application to a course;
- To personalise your experience on this Website (your information helps us better respond to your individual needs);
- To improve this Website (we continually strive to improve Website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you);
- To process specific inquiries that you make of us;
- To send promotional emails and other updates to our users. Users may opt out of receiving such promotional electronic mailings by following the unsubscribe feature contained within the mailing; and
- For other marketing purposes, such as to alert you to programs or services that may be of interest to you.
Access to Your Information and Sharing Your Information with Third Parties
We respect your right to privacy and will follow all applicable laws and regulations concerning the release of your personal information. We may disclose the information that we collect under circumstances, as permitted or required by law.
Confidential information obtained by SkillNet and committees, individuals or organisations acting on behalf of SkillNet must also be safeguarded. Except as required under the VET Quality Framework or by law, information about students and staff is not disclosed to third parties without written consent of the student or staff member. Regulatory bodies like DEEWR, SLED, and ASQA and employers and employment service providers who fund a student’s course may request information about a student enrolment in writing. Students may allow other third party access by providing written permission letter to the Operations and QA Manager outlining the nature of information that may be accessed.
Students and staff members are entitled to access their personal records. These requests must be made in writing via letter to Operations and QA Manager.Student requests must be made on Access to Information & Authorisation to Release Information form.
During induction course students sign a confidentiality waiver to allow government authorities access their academic and personal details on demand.
Our Commitment to Data Security
To prevent unauthorised access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the appropriate use of the information we collect online, we have put appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures into place to safeguard and secure that information. We load all information collected from our users directly into our Customer Relationship Management (“CRM”) provider which employs firewall protected server authentication and data encryption. This ensures that your information is safe, secure and available only to registered users in the provider’s organization and/or to other authorised users, as determined by the Website provider in accordance with commercially reasonable standards.
Third Party Links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include links on this Website to third party websites that we do not own or operate. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy and other policies and/or terms. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of this Website and welcome any feedback you may have about these sites.
How To Contact Us