The Aged Care Education and Training Incentive (ACETI) programme provides incentive payments to eligible aged care workers who undertake specified education and training programs. The ACETI programme has been extended for twelve months until 30 June 2015.
In order to be eligible to receive an incentive payment, aged care workers must meet all the following criteria:
- Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident; and
- Be employed on a full time, part time or casual basis providing direct care in and by an eligible aged care service:
- at the commencement of training (in order to receive the commencement payment);
- at the successful completion of training and during training (in order to receive the completion payment).
- Have a commitment to working in the aged care sector; and
If applying for a commencement payment, aged care workers must commence an eligible training course between 1 January 2014 and 30 June 2015.