Write down your thoughts on the following and bring them to your appointment with the Training Manager
1. What are your skills and interests?
- List your interests
- List things you are good at
- What is your previous qualification?
- What types of jobs have you done in the past? What did you like about each job? What did you dislike?
- What do you value in a job? Is it recognition, money, progression through a career path or something else?
- Are you looking for a short or long term career path at present?
- Do you want to work full time or part time or during certain hours?
2. What are your career options?
- Reflect on the above by having discussions on occupations with your friends and family. What do they like about their work? What does it involve?
- Make an appointment with organisations in the industry of your interest. Ask about volunteer work experience
- Discuss career pathway with your Employment Service Provider, such as JobFind, Break Thru, MTC, Max, or CRS Australia
- Visit the following online resources on career pathways:
3. Which courses meet your goals?
- Find a course that meets your goals at www.training.gov.au
- Meet with us to discuss your options
- Find out course entry requirements and enrolment process.